Namitha's Read to Succeed

Just another Edublogs site

Blog Post Inspired By ChrissyI

May31

Cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery Larry via Compfight

Hey guys! A few days ago, we connected to Mrs. Donofrio’s class from Florida, and we exchanged writing prompts. A particular post caught my mind, and I just had to do it. The writer of the prompt  is Chrissy. Here is what she wrote.

I put the cupcakes in the oven thinking they would be fine to leave for a little bit, until…

Here is my own response to it.

I put the cupcakes in the oven thinking they would be fine to leave for a little it, until green stuff oozed out of the cupcake tray. Weird thing is, I put nothing in green in the cupcakes. I start to clean up the green ooze, but then the second the kitchen towel hit the green ooze, I heard a loud roar. Not just any roar, the roar of something fierce, slowly coming alive.  I try again, thinking I was just hearing things, “ROAR!” It growled even louder then before, what was going on?

I realized it wasn’t me, the sound and the green ooze was alive! Did I accidentally bake a frog? I would have to get rid of it, (hopefully before my parents get home.) I touch it again more firmly then I did before. It growled, loud, but I ignored and started pulling and pulling, it didn’t budge a bit. It squirmed and fiddled, trying to escape the wrath of my hands. I was determined though, but I wasn’t the only one determined. I gave up falling backwards on  my bum.

I soon realize  this is no ordinary creature, but my teenage brother pulling a stupid prank on me. He must be behind the wall of the oven, I decide to get even by scaring my brother, but how would I do it? We all know he is the master of pranks, and I’m well the opposite. So, I decided to call my rebellious best friend, Laura, to help me out. She is what you call a rebel, bad girl, and all out trouble maker. But, she is also kind, supportive, and the best friend in the world. She would know how to get back at my brother. I give here a call on my IPhone 5 right away, and after 5 min she’s at my doorstep!

“Thanks for coming,” I say graciously. “No problem, you know how much I love pulling prank, you couldn’t have kept me away. I chuckle, that was so true. I lead her to the huge mess we call the oven. “Whoa,” she says. “I never knew your brother was this talented, if he wasn’t pranking you, I would give him a high five!” she says. “What’s your plan?” I ask, eager to hear her evil plan. “I think that we should, get him scared, so then he will run out of the wall and expose himself,” she replies. “I have a plan,” I say. “How about we say the house is on fire, so he will get so scared he’ll run out,” I say with an malicious grin on my face. “I love it, get started RIGHT NOW, GO!!!! “OMG! JONATHAN THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE, WHERE ARE YOU?” “IT CAME FROM THE OVEN, WE NEED TO GET OUT THE FIRE IS SPREADING, HURRY, WHERE ARE YOU!?!?” I scream at the top of my lungs, I can hear Laura smirking behind trying to hold in her laughter.

“WHAT?!?” Jonathan screams. “IT WAS JUST SUPPOSED TO BE A PRANK, NOT SET THE HOUSE ON FIRE, I’M COMING OUT!!!!” he screams. Once he is view, me and Laura just glare at him, smirking. “Oh, so you guys figured it out….” he says trying to avoid eye contact. “Okay, heres what’s going to happen, you are gonna clean this whole mess up, and do my chores for the week, or else I’ll tell mom,” I say with glee. “Fine, just don’t tell mom!” he says, knowing that doing my chores would be better than a months grounding. I give Laura a high five, she rocks.

Thats it for today, sorry I haven’t been posting very much, been quite busy with school lately. Just wait till summer starts, I will be posting like 10 times a day!!!! Thanks for reading, leave me a comment!

-Namitha

by posted under Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“Blog Post Inspired By ChrissyI”

1. June 1st, 2015 at 9:26 am      Reply Shenalie Says:

Hi Namintha,
    Thanks for commenting, when I get comments It gets my heart beating so much. So please tell your friends about my blog. But anyway, that post was great, the cupcakes looked so yummy, I just wanted to have it, but I can’t because my mum and I baked cupcakes too. The story was kind of like the 100 word challenge. It was interesting to read. Keep it up.
    Bye, from Shenalie
    http://shenaliefss.global2.vic.edu.au/

2. June 5th, 2015 at 7:51 am      Reply Mia Says:

Hi Namitha,
    You have made a great post. From reading your story you definitely have a talent for writing. I love writing as well because you are free to be who you are and you can express yourself in the form of words. Isn’t writing amazing? Any way, I also think that writing prompts are a great way to get ideas for stories. Its so cool that your prompt came all the way from Florida.
    I like your blog and please come and comment on mine.
    From Mia

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Hi Guys!

my pet!

Who’s visiting?

Please leave your name!

Meet Marley!

More Jokes!

get_player("167","448");

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 5)
The Poison Jungle (Wings of Fire, Book 13)
The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, Book 5)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1)
Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1)
Warriors #4: Rising Storm (Warriors: The Prophecies Begin)
Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion

Funny Jokes

Son asks his dad ,"How do you know carrots are good for your eyes?"
Dad says, "You don't see rabbits wearing glasses,"

What do you call a fake noodle?
An impasta

Whats the difference between a guitar and a fish?
You can't tuna fish

Why can't you give Elsa a balloon?
She will let it go

Why did the picture go to jail?
Because it was framed

Thanks For Commenting

Skip to toolbar